Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Joy & Trauma - Professional-ish Haircuts


Ya’ll remember the “haircuts by Morgan” incident, right?  

Well, we just went to have all the girls’ hair cut for the first time since then – a first for Morgan and Hannah…getting their hair cut by someone who’s not family. 

They were all super pumped about going to Lapilo (the center the school is at) to get their hair cut.  Every time I mentioned it during the day, they would just about burst with excitement and run around screeching and hugging each other.  HAHA!  That’s how I feel when I’m about to go to a professional to get my hair done!!  I TOTALLY was feeling their joy! 

So we get to Lapilo, and walk down to the beauty shop…ok, well, it’s big enough for the sink and small counter, a barber’s spinny chair, and one chair to wait in.  But hey!  It FEELS professional for where we are.  ANYWAYS, we walk in, and I ask who wants to go first.  All those sparks of excitement were immediately extinguished and FEAR took over– likened to the FEAR when you realize the nice doctor is now going to walk out and send in the nurse who gives SHOTS.

Hannah and Morgan (because Morgan copies EVERYTHING Hannah does due to her middle-child-identity-crisis “follower syndrome”) both back into the corner and just about start to cry.  Scary spinny chair and lady with an apron.  I wasn’t  about to let this flop.   I wanted to be the one heading to the spinny chair, but NO, I had to threaten them with a spanking (in my whispering stern voice) and then gave into Hannah’s insistance on standing on the chair only.  After that, Morgan, the follower, hopped right up into the chair.  I had to stand directly in front of them and blow big bubbles with the Bubble Yum that mom had just sent in a package (thank you Mama!) for them to sit still and look straight ahead. 

Is anyone feeling my pain right now? 

After Hannah and Morgan finished, Josh took them to the base store while I went and got Sarah from the school and raced back to sneak in her haircut before the school van had to leave to go back to Sobega (our center).  I’m sweating at this point –because it’s not fall weather here.  Thankfully Sarah feels as I do about getting her hair cut by a professional.  PAMPERED.  She hopped right into the chair and LIT UP when I told her that it was ok if she still wanted her hair chopped...Ok, well, 4 inches…which is how much it had grown since the haircut I gave her in April. 

I just want to encourage you all to enjoy the little things in life.  We are blessed to have a couple of people here who give up hours out of each of their week to cut all of our hair and keep us looking “kept” AND IT’S FREE!!  LORD BLESS THEM!

Now to schedule an appointment for myself.  Color. Cut. Happy Me.
Morgan & Hannah - enjoying their self made fort in the kitchen...because where else would you build a fort??


2 comments:

  1. :-) Love haircuts. Those girls of yours will change their minds soon enough, I'll bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAHHHHH.... I wanted to seeee pictures of their hair cuts... I guess that's to come. Hannah looks sooo old and Morgan just keeps getting sweeter! You MUST post pictures!!!! or.... dare I say it.....NO MORE GUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete